quarta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2016

70 Million - Hold Your Horses


70 Million - Hold Your Horses

And it hardly looked like a novel at all
I hardly look like a hero at all
and I'm sorry you couldn't publish this
and you were white as snow I was white as a sheet
When you came down in this black dress
In your mum's black maternity dress
And so
Though it hardly looked like a novel at all
if this city treats me it treats me to you
and a cup of coffee for you
I should learn its language and speak it to you
70 million should be in the know
70 million don't go out at all
70 million wouldn't walk these streets
70 million would grind to a halt
70 million would be wrong wrong wrong
70 million never see at all
70 million haven't tasted snow
And dance dance dance like the children dance
imply a thought are we taking a chance ?
with the light still on
and will we ever reach the tower?
And after you came down in this black dress
I don't know what took you so very long
And this
And this isn't war we don't have to ration
I waved the white flag and you kept it at home
and thus I wrote from a foreign land
you're holding my no longer foreign hand
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song: 70 Million
The Band: Hold Your Horses! (Franco-American)
The Director: David Freymond


Sem comentários:

 
Creative Commons License This Creative Commons Works 2.5 Portugal License.